Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Quest for More

After reading a book review here about the book "A Quest for More" by Paul Tripp, I really want to get it and read it. Below is a quote from the book and a video about it from the author. Be sure to also read the book review here.

“Sin Causes fundamental changes in the ‘molecules’ of my heart. No longer is my heart driven by a deep-seated love for God. No longer is my heart motivated by a genuine care for others. No longer do I carry around a sense of responsibility for the surrounding created world. No longer is every decision I make shaped by a clear sense of what is morally right and morally wrong. No longer is everything I do shaped by joyful and thankful worship. The DNA of sin is selfishness, and it shrinks the size of my universe to the size of one. Sin creates the ultimate shrink dynamic. It causes all of us in some way to shrink the size of our lives to the size of our lives. Sin shrinks my motivation, zeal, desire, care, and concern to the contours of my life. In the shrunken kingdom of self, there is no functional room for God or others. It is humbling, but spiritually essential, to admit that sin has shrink-wrapped us all.”


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book! I should get it and read it before my dad does. (he better have not have read it already)

erik raymond said...

Kenny, thanks for the link. the book is great.

erik