Monday, October 01, 2007

Poll Questions - Follow your heart?

Here is the second question I gave in my poll that I did a little while ago. This is my brief answer and explanation to poll question #2 of 3. Again, I know my poll questions were too broad and that it is not fair that all you had was the yes/no or true/false option. Well now is your chance to give your opinion in the comment section.
Here is mine:


Should you follow your heart? Yes or No?


In spite of Disney's attempt to persuade me otherwise I believe the answer to this question is no. I do not mean, by this, that you have to only do things that you hate to do or that you cannot have dreams and desires. I believe that, through Adam's sin, man inherited a fallen and sinful nature. This fall effected man's heart in a bad way. Jer 17:9 says, "
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?" The Bible makes it clear that "the hearts of the children of man are full of evil, and madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead." (Ecc 9:3) The Psalmist reveals the state of all of us in our natural state when he says: "I was brought forth in iniquity,and in sin did my mother conceive me." Adam was our perfect representative in the garden (chosen by God) and as the old children's schoolbook says: "In Adam's fall we sinned all." Following your fallen, deceitful and evil heart is only going to lead you into further destruction. How many times do people, who know what's right, get misled by their deceptive feelings and emotions? "There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death" (Prov 14:12). Of course, Christ can redeem one's heart and turn it, once again, from a heart of stone into a heart of flesh. That is when we can truly love God and our neighbor with all our mind, body and heart.

1 comment:

Dottie, Grandma Dot or Mom said...

Kenny you are amazing with the thought that you put in each article. I learn so much and am so appreciative. Keep it up as I love reading your blog. Thanks for all you do.

Mom