Friday, November 02, 2007

The Prayer of an unknown Confederate soldier:

The Prayer of an unknown Confederate soldier:

I asked God for strength that I might achieve . . .
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things . . .
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy . . .
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men . . .
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life . . .
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for,
but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself,
my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all,
most richly blessed!

3 comments:

Grandma of Many said...

What an awesome prayer Kenny and your answer on the unity issue is very good. Your site gives me daily devotions at its best. Thanks for being so dedicated to God's Word.
Love you,
Mom

Omnibus Teens said...

That is sooooooo neat!!!

Emma Kruse said...

That was sooooooooo neat!!!